[nfbmi-talk] The new governmental Affairs list

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Tue Nov 4 23:06:53 UTC 2014

Yup, we in the Federation defend our rights to the truth and that includes
the truth about corrupted VR programs. And we defend freedoms of speech and
press. We do not deny it to others.

Joe

"We weren't always the ones doing the suing. Dr. Jernigan wrote an article
about a vocational rehabilitation office in Pittsburgh that only bought
assistive

technology from one vendor-who happened to be the husband of one of the voc
rehab counselors. In the article Dr. Jernigan referred to these activities

as "skullduggery." What a wonderful word. Skullduggery. I never knew
precisely how to define skullduggery, but I knew that Dr. Jernigan and
Barbara Pierce,

who was being sued for being the editor of the Monitor, had a First
Amendment right to say it when they wanted. The court agreed. I haven't seen
"skullduggery"

in the Monitor since, but when the occasion arises, I am sure we will see it
again."

Enforcing the Law of Inclusion: A Personal and Professional Journey

by Daniel Goldstein

>From the Editor: Advocacy depends on a worthy cause, volunteers who support
it, and often on paid people who have expertise that cannot be provided
without

the training they bring in their professions. We hire competent, capable,
and passionate lawyers to make our case in court, and Dan Goldstein is one
of

our best. He is not only someone we hire; he is someone who believes in us,
believes deeply in the worthiness of the cause we embrace, and has taken as

one of his major life's commitments seeing that we get the information
necessary to engage in the larger community. Here are remarks Dan made
during the

first afternoon session of the 2014 Convention: