[nfbmi-talk] Netflix press release

Georgia Kitchen gkitchen at samobile.net
Sun Apr 17 05:06:02 UTC 2016

Hi William,

Thanks for your comment. The NFB works every day in our local chapters
and at the state and national level to help improve accessibility and
opportunities for the blind. We work to educate the public, teach
classes, pass legislation, work to make textbooks accessible, assist
blind children in getting braille etc. I coujld go on for a long time.

Are you wondering why we did not work on making videos and movies
accessible to the blind? Well, we like described videos and movies like
the rest of the blind folks. We have showed them at our conventions.
As  an organization, we have limited funds and resources.  There is
still much work to do when it comes to access and expanding
opportunities for the blind.

Best,
Georgia Kitche
nfbnewsline help line