[nfbmi-talk] thanksgiving

donnabutterfly50 at gmail.com donnabutterfly50 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 13:24:59 UTC 2016

Hello Fellow Federationists,This morning as I reflect upon the weekend convention of the National Federation of the Blind of Michigan I would like to give a heartfelt appology for neglecting to do something. We shared our adventures and success with Sensational Adventures in Summer Science. It was an outstanding program and a lot of hard work went into it by many people. The greatest group of those who helped to make it possible were the adult blind mentors who dedicated themselves and donated at least ten days of their lives to pour into the lives of young blind student scientists. These federation friends gave of themselves and I wish to personally thank them for their kindness and commitment to the futures of these young participants in the program. My deepest appreciation goes to Dianna Mohnke, Osman Karoma, Jennifer Wing-Proctor, Jeff Crouch,Carla Valpeoz, J J Meddaugh, Mary Wurtzel,and we all love and appreciate our friend Dawn Epstein who drove us as well as performed many other tasks.
I am thankful because these adult mentors lived out their lives before the scientists and showed that with love, hope, and determination blind people can live the lives they want and blindness need not be a barrier to following paths into STEM careers or any other future.