[nFBMI-Talk] Linda Bloodsaw

Michael Powell mpowell7583 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 29 04:57:06 UTC 2018

Dear Federation Family.

I am very sorry to have to report to you that Linda Bloodsaw, immediate past
secretary of the NFB of Michigan, died this evening.  As you may know, since
June of this year she had been dealing with an illness that greatly limited
her ability to move on her own and communicate.  She was, however, aware of
people when they were around her and she could understand what was being
said to her.  She even began to text and communicate using the Iphone.
Around the first part of December I heard that she was losing her hearing
and her remaining faculties seemed to be failing.  John Scott told me that
when he visited her this week she was aware of his presence and smiled at
him.  So it took John by surprise when he was informed of her passing.

Linda was one of the most resourceful people I have met in a long time.
Though she was relatively new to blindness it did not stop her from using
her computer skills to research matters and learn all she could about
blindness and blind people.      Some of you may remember that she began
addressing inquiries on this list serve and offering solutions complete with
references long before she even attended her first Detroit chapter meeting.
Though she felt limited while working to develop her Braille and other
blindness skills it did not stop her from serving as Detroit chapter
treasurer and accepting the nomination and office of state secretary when I
became state president in 2016.

I could go on writing about how lucky I feel having known Linda and the
example she sets in coming to terms with blindness.  I will, for now, say
that she will be greatly missed by our Detroit chapter and the Michigan
affiliate of the National Federation of the Blind.  Let us keep Linda and
her family and friends in our prayers.

Rest in the Lord, dear sister Linda.

Michael Powell

President