[nFBMI-Talk] [State-affiliate-leadership-list] Extremely Sad News

J.J. Meddaugh jj at bestmidi.com
Mon Feb 4 03:46:48 UTC 2019

Very sad news.

*From:* State-Affiliate-Leadership-List
<state-affiliate-leadership-list-bounces at nfbnet.org> *On Behalf Of
*President, National Federation of the Blind via
State-Affiliate-Leadership-List
*Sent:* Sunday, February 3, 2019 12:39 PM
*To:* State Affiliate Leadership List
<state-affiliate-leadership-list at nfbnet.org>
*Cc:* President, National Federation of the Blind
<OfficeOfThePresident at nfb.org>
*Subject:* [State-affiliate-leadership-list] Extremely Sad News

Dear Federation Family,

It is with deep shock and a strong sadness that I share the news with
you that our friend, mentor, and colleague Rachel Olivero passed away
very suddenly late last evening. I have known Rachel for nearly twenty
of her thirty-six years and I have felt the significant impact she has
made on the lives of so many people especially within the National
Federation of the Blind.

I wanted each of you to know as soon as possible. Details of funeral
arrangements will be coming in the following days. I would ask you to
join with me in keeping Rachel’s family especially her partner Karen
Anderson in your thoughts and prayers.

Within our movement a core value we share is love. That we open our
hearts to each other is what makes our work together so meaningful. That
we open our hearts to each other also means that we feel the pain in a
real way when we experience a loss in our family especially one as
bright and powerful as Rachel Olivero. Thank you for your openness to
the bond that we share together.

Many have asked how they can help in this time of loss and I know that
your support is much appreciated. If needs arise, you can be certain you
will be called upon.

For now, I invite you to keep the impact that Rachel played in your life
close to your heart. Considering the significant work that she did
behind the scenes for our organization, if you had no direct experience
with her, you can be sure that you have utilized a tool that she helped
build for us.

Sincerely,

Mark A. Riccobono, President

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

(410) 659-9314 | Officeofthepresident at nfb.org
<mailto:Officeofthepresident at nfb.org>

Twitter: @Riccobono

Image removed by sender. National Federation of the Blind <https://nfb.org/>

Image removed by sender. Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind> Image removed by
sender. Twitter <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice> Image removed by sender.
Youtube <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every
day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.