[NFBMI-Talk] Saturday state board meeting

Elizabeth Mohnke lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 6 00:59:08 UTC 2021

Hello Kane,

I think we can always learn from each other. I see a lot of collaboration between the various state student divisions within the mid-west region with the annual mid-west seminar. So I do not see why it would be a problem for you to join our meetings.

However, there is one thing I find upsetting about your message. It states that you believe there is a good possibility that COVID-19 will be contained and that nearly all of us will have been vaccinated by the time of national convention. As someone who has been touched by COVID-19 personally, I respectfully ask you not to spread information about COVID-19 that may or may not be true.

It is possible to follow all the recommended guidelines, and still test positive and be hospitalized for COVID-19. It only takes being around one or two other people who is infected with COVID-19 for you to become infected.

I completely understand the need and importance of social gatherings. And I believe everyone has the right to make their own decisions regarding their own participation regarding social gatherings. However, I also believe these decisions should be based on facts and not assumptions that may or may not be true.

Thanks,
Elizabeth