[NFBMI-Talk] Announcing 2021 Virtual National Career Fair - National Federation Of The Blind

Kane Brolin kbrolin65 at gmail.com
Tue May 25 14:10:15 UTC 2021

Greetings to fellow members and partners of the National Federation of
the Blind.

This comes from Richard "Dick" Davis, who chairs the NFB Employment
Committee and who has worked tirelessly for some 50 years to help
blind men and women attain equality, opportunity, and productivity in
the workplace.

Our virtual 2021 Career Fair occurs on Tuesday, 6 July from 1:00-4:00
PM Eastern Daylight Time.  You do not have to be a Federationist to
take part in the Career Fair.  You do not need to have registered for
the 2021 National Convention, either; you have 26 more days to
register for Career Fair than to register for National Convention as a
whole.  But it is important to follow the various rules and procedures
set forth below--particularly the deadline.  As you will see, we have
a hard deadline for the Career Fair of
Saturday, June 26, 2021 at 5:00 PM Eastern. .  This same procedure was
emphasized last year, and I know from personal experience that no
exceptions will be made to the June 26 deadline.

==============================
Dear Job Seekers,

For the second year in a row, we are conducting the National
Federation of the Blind National Convention virtually. Our 2021 Career
Fair will also be held as a virtual event on the Zoom platform on
Tuesday, July 6 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET).

You are now able to register for the career fair at
https://nfb.org/form/career-fair-jobseeker-registration. Registration
will close at 5 p.m. ET Saturday, June 26. Nobody will be able to
register after that date.

Cutting off registrations a week before the career fair will enable us
to send employers your resumes and send you their contact information,
so you can touch base with them and perhaps set up a  time for them to
talk to you at the career fair.

When you register, make sure that you attach your resume, as you will
not be able to attach one later. You can find a useful resume format