[Nfbn-announce] NFB of Nebraska Senior Division Activities for the 2013 Convention

Amy Buresh amy.buresh74 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 02:15:44 UTC 2013

If there are images in this attachment, they will not be displayed.
Download the original attachment
“Resources Revisited,” is the theme of the 2013 NfbN Senior division’s
convention meeting/workshop. We will review, discuss and provide a
hand-out of all the resources our membership has found and feel that a
senior must know, be they a service which is local, state, or
national. Check out our agenda!

National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska

Senior Division

2013 Annual Meeting Agenda

RESOURCES REVISITED

11:30-12:00 Registration

12:00-1:30 Luncheon: Keynote Speakers- Laurie Jacobsen, Melvin
Forster, Ever Lee Hairston, National Representative

1:30-2:15 Introductions, General Brainstorming, and Resource Give and Take

2:15-3:00 Reading Resources: From Newsline, to Digital media
downloads, to Overdrive, to Library digital players, to iPhone apps,
and Bookshare

3:00-3:45 Transportation Topics and Techniques, An Open Discussion Forum

3:45-4:00 Business Meeting with Elections and Wrap-up

4:00-5:00 1 to 1 iPhone Training

5:00-7:00- Senior Hospitality (Seek Karen Lemmon’s room)

We hope to see you in October in North Platte!