[Nfbn-announce] Announcing the 2014 National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska Convention!

Amy Buresh amy.buresh74 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 01:40:42 UTC 2014

LIVE THE LIFE YOU WANT!

Announcing:

The 43rd Annual Convention of the

National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska

When: October 9 – 12, 2013

Where: Omaha Marriott

10220 Regency Circle

Omaha, NE   68114

Nobody gets to live life backward. Look ahead, that is where your
future lies.- Ann Landers

I urge you to look ahead and make plans now to join us for the 43rd
annual state convention of the National Federation of the Blind of
Nebraska. Come and be a part of the fun and fellowship, stay for the
education and empowerment. You won't want to miss the most influential
gathering of Nebraska's blind this year!

 “Together with love, hope, and determination we will transform dreams
into reality." – Mark Riccobono

We are honored to have Mr. Mark Riccobono, newly elected president of
the National Federation of the Blind as our national representative.

Come and meet him…Share your dreams for our future.

Bring your friends and family to Thursday evening’s Omaha Spotlight
Social.  There you can mix and mingle, have some appetizers and drinks
and rub elbows with fellow Federationists and President Riccobono
himself!

With something for everyone, Friday’s highlights include seminars on
transportation in Nebraska, the Unified English Braille Code (UEBC),
staying fit for life, diabetic concerns and so much more.  Continuing
throughout the weekend, we have special events for blind youth,
parents and teachers of blind children and blind seniors.

NOTE: Exhibitors will be demonstrating their products on Friday. Look
for information about      our vendor times and location

Register by October 3rd and save yourself a little cash.

Reservations: Phone by September 18th (402-399-9000) Mention NFBN for
reduced rate of $89.00 per night + 14.3% tax.

Prices listed below will increase by $5.00 per item after October 3rd.

Advance Registration Prices per Person

Convention Registration: $20

Banquet: $45

Senior Division Luncheon: $20

Student Division Luncheon: $20

To register and make a secure on-line payment, visit:

www.ne.nfb.org/convention_reg

If you prefer to pay by check or money order with a paper
registration, print out the form from our website:

http://www.ne.nfb.org/2014

Or contact Cheryl Livingston, NFBN Treasurer, at (402)488-2509.

We have a packed agenda full of innovation, empowerment, tech savvy
and more for the blind of all ages and their families, teachers and
professionals. Make plans now to join us in Omaha!

If you have questions, please contact president Amy Buresh at
president at ne.nfb.org.