[NFBN-Announce] 2019 NFB of Nebraska State Convention

NFB of Nebraska Info info at ne.nfb.org
Tue Sep 10 04:49:53 UTC 2019

National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska

Presents our 49th State Convention

   - When: Thursday, October 10 to Sunday, October 13, 2019

   - Where: Ramada Columbus River’s Edge Conference Center, 265 33rd Ave.
   Columbus, NE  68601

It’s almost time for 49! Join NFB of Nebraska as we pan for gold in 2019.
Connect with blind seniors, parents or students. Learn about legislative
endeavors and what is happening nationally in the NFB. We will offer
seminars on crafting, health and wellness, technology and more. Our student
division, NABS, and senior division will meet during convention as well in
addition to our blind parent group. We have nuggets of gold to offer
everyone!

Our state rep this year is Everette Bacon, state president for our NFB of
Utah affiliate. He also serves on the Disability Advisory Committee to the
Federal Communications Commission. He is also chair of the Utah Library
Advisory Board. He sits on the Utah Assistive Technology Council and the
Library of Congress’ National Library Service for the Blind’s Audio
Equipment Advisory Committee (Western Region).

Our 49th state convention will be jam packed with fun. Network with fellow
blind and visually impaired Nebraskans during our hospitality kick-off on
Thursday evening. Friday will be filled with seminars and sessions, and on
Friday evening, party with NFBN as members showcase various talents. Do you
sing, dance, tell jokes, read poetry? Come out and entertain us. Meet our
state board Saturday morning and then find a meeting perfect for you.
Saturday evening will be our annual banquet; Everette Bacon is our keynote
speaker and his speech is sure to send us home rich with Federation wisdom.
We will wrap up Sunday with our business meeting that include elections for
the upcoming year. Throughout convention, we will also hold our baked good
auction. So, don’t miss out on the 2019 convention.

We do offer financial assistance for convention through our Mangnall grant.
We give preference to first-time attendees, but all are welcome to apply.
Details about how to apply and deadlines will soon be available. Contact
Jeff Altman with questions. Email: debandjeff at allophone.com. Phone: (402)
489-9458.

Our agenda, transportation  and Registration details will soon be
available. Questions or comments, contact Amy Buresh, president, NFBN:
Email: president at ne.nfb.org. Phone: (402) 440-4722.

--
National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska
Phone: 402-477-7711
Email: info at ne.nfb.org
Web: http://www.ne.nfb.org
Facebook: https://facebook.com/nebraskasblind