[Nfbofnc] FW: [ncvi] Attention:Target Hoax

Tim Jones tjnc2 at carolina.rr.com
Thu Apr 9 15:11:59 UTC 2009

Fyi

Tim Jones
Phone: 704-491-1486
Email: tjnc2 at carolina.rr.com

  _____

From: bounce-517416-280751 at lists.dpi.state.nc.us
[mailto:bounce-517416-280751 at lists.dpi.state.nc.us] On Behalf Of Julie Kagy
Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2009 10:16 AM
To: NC Colleagues in VI field
Subject: [ncvi] Attention:Target Hoax

NCVI listserv message.
Direct replies go to all listserv participants.
To reply only to sender, start a new message directed to sender's address.
---
I have received several emails announcing a program at Target that will
provide free glasses to students.   Since there was a similar announcement
about Walmart a couple of years ago that turned out to be a hoax,  I checked
with a local Target optician.

THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS ALSO A HOAX.   A  program like this was held in a
Kansas City Target for one weekend.   It is not expected to be duplicated.
Target officials believe a competitor is spreading this misinformation.

Julie Kagy

Consultant for Visual Impairment and Assistive Technology
Exceptional Children Division
North Carolina Department of Public Instruction
6356 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC  27699-6356
Phone: 919/807-3988
Fax: 919/807-3243