[Nfbofnc] braille literacy

Lusi98 Lusi98 at nc.rr.com
Sat Aug 29 15:33:34 UTC 2009

Good Morning Everyone,

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but please read till the end.

All of us know how important braille is to our community and blind people around the world. As adults: some of us are glad we learned braille as children, others of us wish we had learned braille when we were in grade school, and some of us are learning it now as adults. Today many children are struggling in school because they don't have enough vision to read print successfully.

We have a chance to help turn this around. The U.S. Mint made four hundred thousand one dollar commemorative coins in honor of Louis Braille's birthday. After half of these are sold ten dollars out of the purchase of any of the rest of the coins goes to braille literacy. If you do the math this is a lot of money. This money can be used to insure that more people who really need it have the opportunity to learn braille.

To learn more and order the Louis Braille dollar go to www.braille.org. Lusi Radford

President: WFB

Co-Chair: NFB of NC Legislative Committee