[Nfbofnc] Opening the World by Touch

Miriam Dixon miriam1 at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 31 00:45:11 UTC 2009

Hello fellow NFBers!

I hope everyone is ready to come to Raleigh for the NFB of NC State
Conference!  September 11-13, 2009

I am looking forward to this convention.  This will be a special
convention as we are celebrating Louis Braille's 200th birthday.  There
will be trivia questions about his life to the development of the full
page braille display for the technology--from the past to the future in
braille.

Braille literacy is so important.  It is important more than ever for
all of us to support it.  We need to sell or buy the US Mint
Bicentennial Louis Braille Silver Dollar.  It is beautiful.  It is in
braille and a wonderful keepsake.  If we sell them we will get money for
braille literacy.

We will also have a poster contest about what braille means to you.  As
an individual or a Chapter get your creative juices going and make a
tactile, collage and/or braille poster to express what braille means to
you today.  I want everyone to get involved.  Pass the word in the next
two weeks.  I do not want to hear someone say, "I did not hear about it,
I wish I had!"  There is not much time left so get busy and pass the
word.  There is a prize related to braille!

I hope we have a big turn out at the Convention!

See you soon, Miriam