[Nfbofnc] Fwd: [Nfbnet-members-list] 2011 NFB Youth Slam sits at 32 in Pepsi Refresh Project

Tim Jones tmjnc2 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 11:01:44 UTC 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lamkin, Seth <SLamkin at nfb.org>
Date: Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 7:28 PM
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] 2011 NFB Youth Slam sits at 32 in Pepsi
Refresh Project
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org

2011 NFB Youth Slam sits at 32 in Pepsi Refresh Project

Nearly two weeks in and the 2011 NFB Youth Slam has made some progress in
the Pepsi Refresh project, but if we are going to bring in this much-needed
funding for this vital program, we are going to have to redouble our efforts
to get the word out and get people voting every day. Regular Facebook posts,
Tweets, or e-mails to family and friends are good, easy ways to remind
people of the importance of voting daily for the NFB Youth Slam. Remember,
there are three different ways to log a vote:

1)      Text Message: Simply put the number 101913 into the body of a text,
and send that text to 73774. That’s all you have to do each day if you have
a texting plan and an accessible cell phone.
2)      Go to www.refresheverything.com/nfbyouthslam, click the link to
vote, and then choose the log in using Facebook option. Once you’re
successfully logged in, click the vote button on our page again and the vote
link will disappear and you'll have logged your vote!
3)      Go to www.refresheverything.com/nfbyouthslam, click the link to
vote, and then choose the sign in directly with Pepsi option. This option is
the least desirable option, but with practice still can be done in less than
a minute each day. An audio captcha is necessary for completing this option,
but only this option. If you do not wish to solve a captcha (and do not have
the ability to text), please use the Facebook option, even if you simply
create a Facebook account to vote for this month and deactivate it once we
have won.

There are detailed instructions for users with screen reading software on
our Web site at http://www.nfb.org/nfb/NewsBot.asp?MODE=VIEW&ID=636, and a
link to sign up for daily e-mail reminders can be found on www.nfb.org.
Thanks to all for your hard work and efforts, now keep up the good work and
let’s watch the 2011 NFB Youth Slam climb the rankings!