[Nfbofnc] NCABS Student Seminar

Salisbury, Justin Mark SALISBURYJ08 at students.ecu.edu
Wed Feb 2 05:04:57 UTC 2011

Dear NFB of North Carolina members and leaders,

     The North Carolina Association of Blind Students is gearing up for our 3rd annual seminar on Saturday, March 19th, at the Governor Morehead School.  We are going to give out door prizes at the student seminar just like we do at the state and national conventions.  This will be done in an effort to excite more students about getting involved in the Federation.

    Our members and leaders are actively seeking donated door prizes from local chain businesses, such as gift cards to chain restaurants and retail stores.  For example, we walk into Starbucks, find the manager, explain our cause, and ask for a kind donation.

   Last year, we had about 70 people in attendance; this year, we anticipate significant growth.  We are a very small division, and the state affiliate is large.  I am writing to you all to invite you, as individuals and local chapters, to help us gather door prizes.  Any and all door prize donations would be sincerely appreciated.

You may send any and all door prizes to:

NC Association of Blind Students
c/o Justin Salisbury
East Carolina University
White Hall 406
Greenville, NC 27858

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Thank you for every effort that you make to help build the future of our affiliate!

Justin Salisbury

Justin M. Salisbury
President
North Carolina Association of Blind Students
Undergraduate Student
The University Honors Program
East Carolina University
salisburyj08 at students.ecu.edu

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."    -Aristotle