[Nfbofnc] Fwd: FW: Legislative Update

Tim Jones tmjnc2 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 19:46:51 UTC 2011

From: Hamm, Elaine <elaine.hamm at dhhs.nc.gov>
Date: Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 7:43 AM
Subject: FW: Legislative Update
To: "Flanagan, Mary" <mary.flanagan at dhhs.nc.gov>, "Correro, Victor" <

*From:* Pope, Clay
*Sent:* Friday, July 01, 2011 10:04 AM
*To:* Hamm, Elaine

*From:* Weaver, Eddie
*Sent:* Thursday, June 30, 2011 9:21 PM
*To:* DHHS.DSB-SocialWorkers; DSB-ALL
*Cc:* Spaulding, Maria; Harrington, Linda; Withers, Jan
*Subject:* RE: Legislative Update****

** **

Hello all,****

** **

I am writing to give you an update from my previous message about the DSB
budget.  After I sent the email shown below, I received word and now
documents that provide good news for the DSB budget.  These budget changes
occurred from the last time I reviewed the budget bill just prior to the
veto vote by the Legislature and the final budget that was passed.  ****

** **

The Medical Eye Care Program will not be reduced by the $190,961 dollars as
I earlier indicated.  ****

** **

The ILS program reallocation of state appropriations of $1 million dollars
did not occur.  This means the ILS program is still receiving the $1 million
in state dollars.****

** **

The other items mentioned in the email below are still correct and have not
changed.  I do not have any further information at this time about the
Executive Order 85 or about any position reduction request from the
Department.  As soon as I receive any additional information on either of
these topics, I will let you know.****

** **

I wanted you to know this good news, and also I wanted to wish each of you a
very happy and safe 4th of July.****

** **

Best wishes.****

** **