[Nfbofnc] Fwd: Healthy Vending

Tim Jones tmjnc2 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 21:13:14 UTC 2013

It is a tragic fact that many blind children are no longer being taught
Braille in schools.

 Hi Tim -****

** **

Well we count on each other my friend.  Just let me know if you need me to
spend more time on this for you guys.  Together we are all winners.
Divided we lose.  ****

** **

Tim, I could also use your help on something they say, "winning isn't
everything".  Well, in this case, it is the only thing.****

** **

Where would you go if you had a $3,500 voucher to travel anywhere?****

** **

You know my best friend and lawyer Scott LaBarre.  Take it from me, he is
the kind of guy I simply must beat, and beat badly, beat him into
submission!  He's a lawyer for crying out loud!  I must win!  You know what
I mean?  I can.  But I need your help.****

** **

Ok, here goes.  I am on a quest to sell $5,000 worth of Amazing Travel
Raffle tickets.  If the ticket you buy is drawn you will win a $3,500
travel voucher to be spent for any travel service to go anywhere you wish.
More important than the prize; I am working my heart out to raise the money
for BELL, Braille Enrichment Learning and Literacy BELL education
programs.  Proceeds from the raffle also support our scholarships for blind
students.****

** **

It is a tragic fact that many blind children are no longer being taught
Braille in schools.  The National Federation of the Blind BELL program is
unique, fun, and nurturing.  We challenge kids and their parents to strive,
work hard, and play just like all children.  Each summer I have had the
privilege to take a few days off to spend with these kids.  The little time
I am able to volunteer for the BELL program is truly the joy of my year.
Each of these kids touch my heart and inspire this quest.  ****

** **

It's easy to buy 3 chances to win at
http://www.nfbco.org/vacation-travel-raffle  A few moments of your precious
time; "thank you"; a couple of clicks; $20 on your credit card and voila
you have done a very nice thing.  Then I leave you alone with your smile.
I will smile.  Some little kids will smile.  That is what this is all
about.  I will smile when I sell more tickets and raise more money than my
good friend Scott.****

** **

I bought 15 tickets.  It is easy to buy online at
http://www.nfbco.org/vacation-travel-raffle You know you want to.****

** **

Now, if you are able you may want to accept my personal match challenge.
Contribute in a big way.  Purchase 15 chances for $100.  I did.****

** **

You can get 3 for $20 or 1 for $10;gratefully acknowledged and deeply
appreciated.  ****

** **

It is heart-wrenching and appalling to me that so many blind kids are not
being taught to read.  How will they work, contribute, or know the joy of
literature?  Listening to a book is not the same as reading it for
yourself.  Audio has its place.  But it does not teach spelling,
punctuation, and the awesome beauty of the written word on a page.
Braille, like print to the sighted, offers those things.  Some suggest that
technology replaces Braille.  Trust me.  It does not.  I use Braille every
single day.  I want these kids to grow up to be employed, contributing to
family, community, church, and society.  If they are illiterate this will
not be their future.  When you buy your amazing raffle tickets, you also
support scholarships for very deserving blind students.  ****

** **

You really might win a $3500 travel voucher to spend on travel any way you
wish.  So, consider buying 9 chances for $60, 6 for $40, 3 chances for $20,
or 1 big chance to win for only $10.  Your contribution is meaningful and
more deeply appreciated than you and I will ever really know.  ****

** **

Thank you so very much in advance for joining my quest to beat the pants
off of Scott LaBarre.  These kids depend on our generous spirit.  ****

** **

All kidding about beating Scott aside buy now!  Well, so I can beat Scott.
In this case winning is everything.  In this case everyone is a winner.
Thanks.****