[Nfbofnc] The Student Division announces our new fund-raiser!

Kathryn Webster kathrynwebster.nfb at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 00:10:43 UTC 2015

Good evening Fellow Federationists!

	I am excited to announce the launching of the North Carolina Association of Blind Students’ newly created fund-raiser.
The Braille Menu Accessibility Program (BMAP) offers any restaurant in North Carolina to receive a Braille menu embossed by the student division.
We are hoping to promote this idea to local, regional, and nationwide restaurants in order to encourage the production of Braille menus universally. Each menu will cost the restaurant $30, and this, in turn, will increase the student division’s funding.
I want more students to have the ability to attend events such as National Convention, State Convention, Washington Seminar, etc. This fund-raiser will help this process, since, as we all know, college students struggle with our finances.
Please consider helping the student division out by distributing the attached letter to any restaurants within your town/city.
Do not hesitate to reach out to me with any additional comments, questions, or clarifications.

Kindest Regards,
Kathryn

Kathryn C. Webster
Board Member | National Federation of the Blind of Connecticut
President | North Carolina Association of Blind Students
Treasurer | Connecticut Association of Blind Students
Board Member | The Science and Engineering Division
(Coordinator | Connecticut BELL Program
Executive Editor | The Federationist Newsletter
203) 273-8463
kathrynwebster.nfb at gmail.com