[Nfbofnc] Washington Seminar 2018 Follow-Up

Milan Novakovic milannovakovic99 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 03:12:01 UTC 2018

Good Evening Fellow North Carolinas,

I would first like to say Thank You to the amazing individuals who came together to make this years Washington Seminar a great success for North Carolina. A special thank you goes to our Legislative Director Kenia Flores for all of her hard work in coordinating 15 meetings, it wasn’t an easy task. I would also like to thank the 10 individuals who traveled to D.C. (many for the first time), you showed your dedication and bravery, and above all did an outstanding job. Thank you for trusting me to managing the logistics.

Washington Seminar is just the beginning of what is a year long process to ensure that the legislative priorities of the NFB are heard, taken seriously, and resolved. This year we have four legislative priorities (Aim High, Access Technology Affordability Act, Opposition to H.R. 620, and the Marrakesh Treaty). While on Capital Hill our North Carolina delegation did a fantastic job explaining these priorities to our congressional representatives, beginning a conversation which you will continue. Now starts the hard work, ensuring that a brief meeting yields revolutionary results in way of a cosponsorships.

Everyone has a part to play in helping to gain cosponsorships, regardless of wether you went to D.C. or not. I encourage you to organize amongst yourselves by way of congressional districts and continue to follow up. Below please find attached the outcomes of our D.C. meetings. You can use the information within to craft a follow up strategy with the congresspersons district office. Its on you fellow federationists to make the world a better place so that we can live the lives we want.

Good luck! As always, if myself or Kenia can be of assistance please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Please keep us posted on the actions you’re taking and don’t be afraid to step up and step out of your comfort zones.

Sincerely,

Milan Novakovic III
(Mr. He/Him/His)
Vice President & Treasurer
North Carolina Association of Blind Students
Department of Political Science
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro
E-mail: milannovakovic99 at gmail.com <mailto:milannovakovic99 at gmail.com>
Phone: +1 (704)-577-6954

"Some people DREAM about success others get up and WORK for it"-Author Unknown