[NFBofNC] Sad News

Nadia Gaspard nxg1719 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 08:59:42 UTC 2020

Dear North Carolina family,
It is with a heavy heart that I bring this sad news. On november 9, 2020 in the early hours of the mmorning, Michael W.Cox, recently of Raleigh, North Carolina, passed away. He died in his sleep, but his last days were indeed onesof misery as he was living out of a homeless shelter in Chicago. Please see the below link for the obituary and share memories if you so wish. The COD was COVID-19 and diabetic complications. He will be forever missed. Reverend Parish, I would like to have a zoom-broadcasted memorial in his honor. The shelter will be hosting one, but I’d like one that is specifically to his nc famiy, which he was so fond of.
Please find the obituary here: https://www.caringcremations.com/obituaries/Michael-Wayne-Cox?obId=18974272#/celebrationWall

Mike was my husband for 4 years, though we started dating some 13 years ago. He was a truly special person who put everyone else before his own needs and cared deeply for his friends.and family. He was a cowboy and a gentleman andd will be forever in my heart. He will be cremated as was his wishes. I plan to save up the funds to take his ashes to Alaska to spread them in theocean, something he would have enjoyed immensely.
in lieu of flowers, donations can be made in his nametothe American Diabetes Society.

Thank you all for your friendship and support over these years,
jewel Shuping
Sent from my iPhone