[Nfbv-announce] FW: IRS is hiring Operation Research Analyst GS-1515-5/7/9 in DC... please read further

Fredric Schroeder fschroeder at sks.com
Tue May 12 17:58:02 UTC 2009

 ---- Original Message ------
From: "Payne, Susan D." <Susan.Payne at dbvi.virginia.gov
Subject: FW: IRS is hiring Operation Research Analyst
GS-1515-5/7/9 in DC...  please read further
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 11:50:39 -0400

FYI from Shannon Dickerson, IRS Corporate Recruiter

We are currently looking to hire Operation Research Analysts
(GS-1515-
5/7/9) within our National Research Program organization under an
excepted service hiring authority called the Federal Career
Intern
Program (FCIP).  See attached fact sheet which provides more
information
about this program.  These positions are located in our
Washington, DC
office at 500 N.  Capitol St.  NW.

Interns will participate in an intensive (2) two-year program
that will
"jump start" their career.  Upon successful completion of the
internship, which includes rotation through the varied Operations
Research Analyst disciplines, interns become eligible for
permanent
placement within the agency and develop their potential for
future
advancement.  Put your skills and experience to work from day one
in
this challenging and forwarding career opportunity.

You do not need to be a current/recent student; any qualified US
citizen
is eligible to apply for this wonderful opportunity.

As an Operations Research Analyst, you will integrate IRS
procedural and
systems knowledge with theoretical operations methodologies to
improve
managerial and tax administration tools.  You will:

*	Apply economic, mathematical and statistical analysis
*	Perform a variety of studies focused on IRS operations,
related
taxpayer behavior and projected impact upon overall burden,
compliance
and service

Specific requirements include a bachelor's degree in Operations
Research, or a similar degree that includes at least 24 semester
hours
of math and statistics.  Please review attached flyer for more
details.

If you qualify for this position, please complete the attached
questionnaire and submit with your resume and transcripts before
the
deadline of 5/22/2009.  We are only accepting the first 50
eligible
candidates.

Please submit your application Attn: Maria Allyn via fax to (304)
579-8931, or e-mail to CC.ElectronicApplication-NHQ at irs.gov
<mailto:CC.ElectronicApplication-NHQ at irs.gov>   Also, please cc
me via
email once you have submitted your application.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Shannon Dickerson

IRS Corporate Recruiter - DC/MD/VA/DE

SMART HCO, Strategic Hiring/Recruitment

11510 Georgia Ave.  3rd fl.