[Nfbv-announce] Legislative Alert-Update on Senate Action Related to the Motor Vehicle Safety Act, S. 3302

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 5 16:47:03 UTC 2010

Legislative Alert-Update on Senate Action Related to the Motor Vehicle
Safety Act, S. 3302

the Motor Vehicle Safety Act, S. 3302 contains rules for making hybrid cars
have sound so that visually impaired citizens can cross streets without fear
of being hit by a "quiet" car. For the latest about the law, visit
www.blog.VirginiaQuietCars.org.

Our representatives are back in session and they can finally return to
business after months of working to get elected and reelected. We (NFB) are
also back to work on getting this legislation passed. Keep up with the
latest!

The website www.VirginiaQuietCars.org was established by the National
Federation of the Blind of Virginia in order to keep its members and the
general public informed on vital legislation that directly impacts the
safety of the blind and nearly all pedestrians.

In order to have full participation in the activities of society, the
visually impaired must have full access to transportation and to our
streets. Quiet cars threaten that independence by threatening our safety
during independent travel. For the latest on the legislation and what your
National Federation of the Blind is doing to make this law pass and how you
can help, visit www.VirginiaQuietCars.org.

John Bailey

John_bailey17 at hotmail.com

703.994.2040