[Nfbv-announce] Save the Date

Fredric Schroeder fschroeder at sks.com
Wed May 12 19:34:35 UTC 2010

>From Melody Roane:

Hi everyone,

Save the date!

On Tuesday, July 27, you are invited to VRCBVI night at the Diamond with the
Richmond Flying Squirrels.  The game begins at 7:05 p.m. and will feature a
former student singing the National Anthem, as well as a blind individual
throwing out the first pitch, as well as a blind Hometown Hero, as well as
an interview by the radio announcers for the Flying Squirrels.

Our summer transition program will be in full swing at that time, and the
kids will have the opportunity to go down onto the field before the game to
see how it is laid out and the meet the players.

It has been rumored that Nutsy, the team's mascot, may also be blind and may
walk around the park using a long white cane!

The tickets for the game are $6.00 and can be purchased through the VRCBVI
Volunteer Council.  You can also purchase tickets from me.  Two dollars from
each ticket sale will go to the VRCBVI Volunteer Council.  However, you must
buy the tickets through the Volunteer Council; if you purchase tickets at
the gate, donations will not be made to the Volunteer Council.

The Flying Squirrels will be producing flyers for us, and as soon as they
are available, I will send one to all of you.  If you would like additional
flyers for friends or service organizations, please let me know.

I look forward to spending a fun evening at the Diamond with all of you.

Let's play ball!

Melody Roane, Director

Virginia Rehabilitation Center for the Blind & Vision Impaired

401 Azalea Avenue

Richmond, Virginia 23227

Phone: 804.371.3323

Email: melody.roane at dbvi.virginia.gov