[Nfbv-announce] Fairfax Low-Vision Transportation Resource Fair For Residents Of Fairfax County And Surrounding Areas

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 12 14:07:39 UTC 2011

You Are Invited To The
Fairfax Low-Vision Transportation Resource Fair For Residents Of Fairfax
County And Surrounding Areas

WHAT: You are invited to the Fairfax Low-Vision transportation resource
fair. This event is being organized specifically for Visually impaired
citizens living in or near Fairfax County who would like to discover the
various alternative transportation options available in our area. If
transportation in Fairfax County is a challenge to you, this fair will
assist you in becoming more independent by introducing you to local
transportation providers who are accessible and affordable.

WHERE: The transportation seminar will be held at the Fairfax City Regional
Library, located at 10360 North St. Fairfax, VA 22030-2514. 703.293.6227.
The library is served by Fairfax City CUE bus system which has a stop
directly outside the library, as well as Metro. Call the library for
specific transportation questions.

WHEN: The seminar is scheduled for Saturday, January 29, 2010 from 10:30 AM
till 1:00 PM. During that time, the transportation providers will have the
opportunity to discuss their organizations and to respond to questions.

WHO: The event is being organized by the Fairfax Chapter of the National
Federation of the Blind, which presents programs of special interest to the
blind and low-vision members of our community. For more information about
the chapter, contact John Bailey at (703) 994-2040 or via email at
John_Bailey17 at hotmail.com.

PRESENTERS: Representatives from WMATA (Metro), MV Transportation, and
United We Ride. Invited representatives include Fasttran Transportation
System and Fairfax City University Express (Cue).

COST: This is a FREE event. No reservations are required. Anyone who is
visually impaired or who wishes to learn more about transportation options
in our area for the vision impaired is welcome.