[Nfbv-announce] Announcing January 20 Fairfax Chapter meeting

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 17 19:50:14 UTC 2011

Announcing January 20 Fairfax Chapter meeting

Hi All,
It is time again for a meeting of the Fairfax Chapter of the National
Federation of the Blind of Virginia. This month, our speakers are our own
Susan Garrison and Carolena Garrison.

Several months ago, it became very clear that many of our members owned dogs
(service and pets) and loved to share their stories with each other. Susan
and her Daughter Carolena are very involved with German Sheppard rescue in
our area and they will tell us about their activities.

For our February 17, 2011 meeting, we will have as our guest a tour guide
who specializes in our area to give us a spoken tour of the history and the
region surrounding Pennsylvania Avenue in the District. This should be a
very educational and entertaining program.

Meeting Location:
For the November 18, 2010 meeting, we will be gathering in the banquet
room at the Fairfax City Red Lobster, located at 10325 Fairfax Boulevard.
They can be reached at (703) 691-1011. Their website is
http://www.redlobster.com. Those who wish to join us for dinner should
arrive at 6:30 p.m. The formal meeting will begin promptly at 7:00p.m.
And run till 9:00 p.m. We will be meeting in the banquet room at the
restaurant.

If you need transportation assistance from the Vienna Metro Station,
please contact Chapter Vice-President Cathy Schroeder at (703) 319-9226
several
days prior to the meeting. Transportation assistance cannot be
guaranteed after that. We want to make sure anyone who wants to attend a
meeting is
able to