[Nfbv-announce] Fairfax Chapter Meeting of the NFB- Thursday, April 19, 2012

Taylor, Wanda P wanda.p.taylor at hud.gov
Fri Apr 6 14:10:25 UTC 2012

We are all at a crossroads with health care, individually and as a country.
Do you have any of the below questions about Healthcare:
What is the affordable health care act for Virginia?
How will the health care reform affect a person with disabilities?
What are the goals of the Virginia Insurance consumer Assistance Program and how can it help me?  How can it help my spouse,  son or daughter?
How do I qualify for Medicare or Medicaid insurance and/or benefits??
How long must I be unable to work to qualify for Medicare or Medicaid?
What are my health care options?
What is the difference between Medicare and Medicaid?
What type of benefits can I receive?
If my medical condition gets worse can I receive more benefits?
Can I work and receive benefits at the same time?
If you have any of the above questions or others that are not on the list, you will want to come to the next meeting of the Fairfax Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Virginia.

At that meeting, we will have  a guest speaker from the Virginia Insurance Consumer Assistant Program VICAP who will be providing a lot of valuable information on Medicare and other health plans, programs, and services that are available; as well as   answer any questions you may have.

The Virginia Insurance Counseling & Assistance Program (VICAP) is a health insurance counseling program administered by the Fairfax Area Agency on Aging.  VICAP assists senior citizens and persons with disabilities that need help understanding Medicare, Medicare health plans, Medicare supplemental insurance plans and prescription assistance plans, including Medicare Part D.
Program counselors are volunteers who have received special training on health insurance issues and have been certified by the Virginia Department for the Aging and the State Corporation Commission's Bureau of Insurance.  They are not connected with any insurance company and their services are entirely free.  Their purpose is to serve you objectively and confidentially.

Come to the Fairfax Chapter meeting and get the answers and information  you need right away.
Our chapter meeting is scheduled for  Thursday, April 19 and it will be held at the Oakton High School 2900 Sutton Road, Vienna Virginia, room 109  at 7 PM.    It is a short walking distance from the Vienna metro or you can take a bus.

Come to this highly informative meeting and obtain the answers and information  we need to get the benefits we have earned.

Wanda

Wanda Taylor

President, Fairfax Chapter

National Federation of the Blind