[Nfbv-announce] FW: Governor Bob McDonnell Proposes Budget Amendment to Provide State Support for Teachers, Aides and Staff for Blind or Visually Impaired Students

potomac NFB PotomacNFB at verizon.net
Thu Dec 13 03:41:02 UTC 2012

We have great news to share about funding for Teachers for the Blind in
Virginia's Schools. The Governor has agreed to include full funding of the
Virginia Standards of Quality  in his budget proposal to be sent to the
General Assembly. We are making excellent progress. We need your help.

We will need to do the following:

A)     Ask our members to thank the Governor for the support by calling the
Governor's office. I will obtain the contact information and distribute this
information tomorrow.

B)      Reach out to the Appropriations and Finance committee members
focusing on the Education sub-committees to keep this in the budget. We will
need a full court press to keep this in the budget. This will mean setting
up appointments  for next week in the districts of the Delegates and
Senators on the relevant committees. I will send out the fact sheet and
these details on Thursday as well.

We are truly pleased by Governor McDonnell's support and Delegate  Bob
Brink's advocacy on this issue.

Tracy Soforenko

Second Vice President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

 <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at verizon.net> Tracy.soforenko at verizon.net

703 635-2085