[Nfbv-announce] Today's Vote in the General Assembly

Fredric Schroeder fschroeder at sks.com
Sun Mar 11 13:39:33 UTC 2012

The note below is from Commissioner Ray Hopkins. It appears that we have
been successful in stopping the merger of the Virginia Department for the
Blind and Vision Impaired into the new disability agency. This will become
official when the conference committee report is formally released, but all
indications are that our efforts have resulted in maintaining a separate
agency for the blind in Virginia. Special thanks go to Mark Roane for
coordinating our advocacy work.

Fred Schroeder, President