[Nfbv-announce] ACVO/MERIA​L - EYE EXAMS FOR SERVICE ANIMALS

Brian Mccann brnmccnn at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 21:14:04 UTC 2012

*Complimentary eye exams for Service Animals*
We are very pleased to announce that the ACVO and Merial are again offering
free screening eye examination to Service Animals throughout the US, Canada
and Puerto Rico. Registration begins on April 1st and ends April 29th.
Please take a look at the information below to get you started.

Registration begins April 1st, closes April 29th.Examinations run May
1-31st.<http://acvoeyeexam.us1.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=422924dfa584ce24c5a7dc3a7&id=73deacb104&e=3e77ba0713>

*WHAT IS THE "ACVO/MERIAL NATIONAL SERVICE DOG EYE EXAMINATION" PROGRAM?
*The ACVO/Merial National Service Dog Eye Exam event is a philanthropic
effort generously provided to the public by the board certified Diplomates
of the American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists who donate their
time, staff and services to provide free screening ocular exams to
qualified Service Animals.

This program would not be successful without the generosity of our
Diplomates and the financial support of our namesake sponsor, Merial, and
other valuable sponsors.

Over 10,500 Service Animals have received these free screening exams over
the past four years. Please participate, support our ophthalmologists and
sponsors to ensure this program continues in future years.

- Stacee Daniel, ACVO Executive Director

*ANIMAL QUALIFICATIONS
*The 5th ACVO National Service Dog Eye Exam event will provide a free
screening eye exam to Service Animal groups including: guide dogs, hearing
dogs, dogs assisting people with disabilities other than blindness,
detection dogs, police dogs, search and rescue dogs and formally trained
and certified therapy dogs (through Pet Partners or similar). Dogs must be
active 'working dogs' that were certified by a formal training program or
organization or are currently enrolled in a formal training program to
qualify. The certifying organization could be national, regional or local
in nature. Essentially the dogs need to have some sort of certification
and/or training paperwork to qualify for this particular this program.

Other non-canine service animals may also be screened if they meet the
above qualifications. Check with your local ophthalmologist to make sure
your species can be accommodated at their facility.

*LOCATE AN OPHTHALMOLOGIST NEAR YOU
*This pre-registration list is being provided to help you learn if a doctor
is participating in your area. Specific clinic names and contact
information is not included here, but will be provided after you register
for the event, beginning April 1st. <http://goog_653146137>
<http://acvoeyeexam.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=422924dfa584ce24c5a7dc3a7&id=3667c66c9a&e=3e77ba0713>

*LOCAL SERVICE DOG GROUPS NEED TO BE INVITED!
* We invite you to forward this invitation to your local police, fire,
military and private non-profit groups to invite their Service Animals to
participate.

*FACEBOOK...
*Don't forget to 'Like' the event on
FB.<http://acvoeyeexam.us1.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=422924dfa584ce24c5a7dc3a7&id=3c19052e5f&e=3e77ba0713>We
will keep you abreast of other similar events or news throughout the
year.