[Nfbv-announce] Can you spare one hour at state convention?

Corbbmacc O'Connor corbbo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 18:00:10 UTC 2012

Good afternoon fellow Virginians!

I am writing to request your help at state convention with our contact table. Remember that this table is in the back of the convention hall, so you won't miss any presentations or door prizes!

Last year, we were able to connect with several people who needed advocacy assistance for their kids to learn braille, help finding their nearest chapters, and signing people up for our e-mail distribution list. In addition, we will be helping with Dr. Schroeder's "PAC 100" plan this year. We will have a list of the PAC contributors from Virginia so that people can verify that they are on the list or sign up to be on the list.

Your job, should you choose to volunteer for an hour (or more), is to take names, phone numbers, e-mails, and brief messages of those who come to the table. I'll then collect that information from you and send it along to members of our affiliate (perhaps even you!) who can help these people. You can take your notes in braille, print or electronically...whatever format works best for you that you can give to me immediately following your shift.

I am asking for two volunteers per shift, and always welcome your willingness to help at more than one time slot! Please review the list of available times below and call me at 202-684-6130 or (preferably) e-mail me to sign up.

FRIDAY - BOARD MEETING
9:00-10:15
10:15-11:30

SATURDAY - GENERAL SESSION
9:00-10:30
10:30-12:00
2:00-3:00
3:00-4:00
4:00-5:00

SUNDAY - GENERAL SESSION
9:00-10:00
10:00-11:00
11:00-12:00

Thanks in advance for your willingness to serve,

Corbb O'Connor, Coordinator
NFBV Contact Table