[Nfbv-announce] (no subject)

nancy yeager nancyyeager542 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 23 17:55:46 UTC 2013

During our recent State Board Meeting, I was privileged to offer a brief
presentation on the history of the NFB here in Virginia.  I based much of my
talk on the publication entitled:  VIRGINIA'S BLIND: FROM CUSTODIALISM
TOWARD FREEDOM THROUGH THE NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND.  Our friend and
colleague Seville Allen, researched and authored this document to celebrate
the Affiliate's fiftieth    anniversary, and presented her work during the
2008 State Convention.  I have taken the liberty of re-circulating the
material about our first fifty years for the benefit of our newer members.

Nancy Yeager