[Nfbv-announce] 3rd Annual Walk with the Blind

Mark W. Roane mwroane at mindspring.com
Sat Sep 21 12:04:47 UTC 2013

Richmond Chapter 2013 "Walk with the Blind"

Our 3rd annual fund raising and community awareness walk will take place on Saturday, October 12, 2013, beginning at 10 AM in the Kroger parking lot, 3507 West Cary Street, in the heart of Carytown.  The walk will follow Cary Street to the Boulevard and return.

Donations to our non-profit organization will benefit blind people in the local area as well as across the Commonwealth and throughout the nation.

LOCAL
Our local chapter funds scholarships for blind students, promotes independence and equality for all blind people, and educates the public about blindness issues.  We are the Blind speaking for the Blind.  Our chapter meets monthly at the Virginia Rehabilitation Center for the Blind, 401 Azalea Avenue, each 4th Monday at 7 PM.  Blind and interested sighted persons are welcome.

STATE
Our state affiliate held it's 2006 & 2012 annual conventions in Richmond.  We join this group to visit the VA General Assembly each year to educate our legislators  about issues that affect all blind people.  Other chapters across the Commonwealth gather as the organized Blind.

NATIONAL
Our national organization is made up of over 50,000 members with affiliates in all 50 states.  Over 3,000 gather each year for convention over the July 4th holiday. A Research and Training Institute operates at our national office in Baltimore.

Please join us, together we will
"Change what it means to be Blind"
NFB of Virginia  3230 Grove Ave.  Richmond, VA 23221  (804) 262-7057