[Nfbv-announce] Be a part of the history of 75

Fredric Schroeder fschroeder at sks.com
Mon Jun 23 07:52:04 UTC 2014

Friends,

As you will see below, Kevan Worley is coordinating an effort called 75 Days
of Action. The idea is to start 75 new chapters and to strengthen other
chapters as the kickoff of our Federation's 75th anniversary. We need
Virginia to be represented in the effort. I am asking anyone who may have an
interest in assisting to read Kevan's note and to let me know if you think
you can participate. The national convention is just around the corner, so
we need to nominate our affiliate's representative very soon.

Best,

Fred Schroeder, President

+++++

We are looking for at least 75 extremely committed Federationists to join
the select committee of 75. Our work starts at the National Convention. Have
you heard about the 75 Days of Action Fall campaign?
With your help we will organize 75 new chapters and help to build and
strengthen 75 chapters which already exist. Organizing chapters is fun. It
can be one of the most rewarding parts of our Federation service. We invite
our Federation brothers and sisters to take a lead role in a monumental
effort. From September 2nd through November 16th we will take individual
action collectively focused leading up to the beginning of the 75th year of
the National Federation of the Blind.

Attached and pasted below, please find our special Call to Service
Invitation. After reading the invitation, draft a very brief response if you
are interested in becoming a member of the select committee of 75. Send your
brief paragraph to <mailto:75days at nfb.org>75days at nfb.org. Do not try to
answer every question. The invitation is simply a way for you to indicate
your desire to serve. The questions are there to stimulate thinking. They
are to serve as a starting point to help us formulate the 75 Days of Action
campaign.

Then, get ready for convention. Please attend one of the Spirit of 75
chapter building training sessions. They are scheduled throughout the
convention. Please check the agenda. Please encourage your colleagues who
are interested in growing the movement to attend. There will be exciting
presentations and small group activities at each session. A number of NFB
leaders will be there to facilitate and share ideas about how best to build
at the grassroots level. You do not have to be a part of the committee of 75
to attend these training sessions at convention. The more the merrier.

We do need at least 75 committed members of our movement to move forward.
Get your state president to nominate you and please write your brief
response to the Call to Service Invitation today.

As we prepare to begin our 75th year, let's build our movement in
spectacular fashion. For more information, email
<mailto:75days at nfb.org>75days at nfb.org or call 866-543-6808. You may also
wish to join one of the Spirit of 75 open-line conference calls on
Wednesday, June 18 at 9:00 p.m. Eastern time; Thursday, June 19 at
8:00 p.m. Eastern time; or Sunday afternoon, June 22 at 5:00 p.m.
Eastern time. Members of the 75 Days of Action steering committee will be on
hand to facilitate the conversation and answer questions.
To join any of these three calls dial 877-394-5901, code 4857026#.

Call to Service Invitation

Greetings fellow Federationists. More than in invitation, this is a call for
individual action collectively focused. We are at the beginning of a
campaign which will organize 75 new NFB chapters and target at least 75
existing chapters for significant increased development. We need at least 75
extraordinarily committed members of our movement to take real ownership of
this campaign.  Join the 75 Days of Action committee and be a part of
history. With your dedicated effort, this can be one of the most significant
programs ever undertaken in the National Federation of the Blind. But, we
really do need volunteers from our Federation family to own the campaign.

If you are interested in being one of the committee of 75, please ask your
affiliate president to nominate you. Please write a brief paragraph, using
the below questions as your guide. Please send your paragraph to
<mailto:75days at nfb.org>75days at nfb.org. We need folks who are willing to give
a significant commitment of time, imagination, and energy. Are you able and
willing to travel across your state to help organize? Does your schedule
allow and are you willing to spend a few days this fall in another city to
help organize? Are you willing to spend even a little of your personal funds
to help others live the life they want?

What does the Federation mean to you?

What leadership roles have you held in the National Federation of the Blind?

Have you helped to organize a chapter in your affiliate? Another affiliate?
If so, which chapter and affiliate?

What activities, fundraisers, or events have you organized or helped to
organize with your chapter or affiliate?

How many hours a week are you willing to commit to the 75 Days of Action
campaign?  (There is no minimum or maximum.)

If you want to be a part of the Pride of 75 please write us, no more than a
page, and provide at least some of the answers to the above questions. If
you have questions about the process and the campaign, please email
<mailto:75days at nfb.org>75days at nfb.org  or call 866-543-6808.  The action is
ours to take.

Kevan Worley

Executive Director

National Association of Blind Merchants

<http://www.blindmerchants.org>www.blindmerchants.org

<mailto:kevanworley at blindmerchants.org>kevanworley at blindmerchants.org

Cell: 303-929-2369

Office: 719-527-0488 Toll Free: 866-543-6808

Wondering what to do with your old car or truck? Donating your vehicle to
the National Federation of the Blind is convenient and may qualify you for a
tax deduction. Call 1-855-659-9314 or visit