[Nfbv-announce] NFBV Convention - Understanding how to obtain great blindness skills training - Saturday 11/8 Lunch

Tracy Soforenko tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 02:54:42 UTC 2014

Could great skills training help you achieve your  goals and live a full and
active life?

If you want to learn about  options for great training, attend the NFB of
Virginia convention in Hampton and attend our lunch:

Saturday, November 8

12:15 P.M. - 1:45 P.M. Thriving in a Changing World: How Good Training, the
Right Attitude and Great Mentors can Change Your Life: Ballroom B

Brian Miller, Program Coordinator (Box Lunch - $16.50)

This luncheon will explain vocational rehabilitation options and answer
frequently asked questions. Our affiliate Advocacy Corps members and
representatives from training centers will be there to help.

In this lunch, we will:

.        Help you navigate the VR system;

.        Explain your options;

.        Address frequently asked questions;

.        Share the experiences of recent students; and

.        Give you the opportunity to hear from staff from a sampling of
training centers.

At the end of the luncheon, the presenters along with our Advocacy corps
will be available to help you as you continue your journey to great
training.

The complete convention agenda, details on convention registration and
hotel reservations   can be found on the NFB of Virginia web site:

http://www.nfbv.org/

Tracy Soforenko

Second Vice President, NFB of Virginia