[Nfbv-announce] Potomac NFB and Accessible Voting Machines

Michael Kasey michaelgkasey at verizon.net
Sun Jun 7 14:26:57 UTC 2015

Hello,

Generally I do not think local chapter meetings warrant a state wide
announcement, but this is an important meeting.  If you know blind persons
in Arlington who may not usually attend, please let them know about this.

The Arlington County Registrar of Voters will demonstrate the new completely
accessible voting machines at our meeting.

We are holding the meeting on Thursday June 11.  As the Registrar said to
me, "That is a good time to show the machine because if anyone has trouble
voting, I want to know about it."

The meeting time is 7:00 PM at Saint Georges Episcopal Church 915 North
Oakland Street, Arlington Virginia 22201.

You can contact me, John Halverson, President Potomac Chapter, National
Federation of the Blind on the following phone numbers.

202-2607162 (w)

703-379-1141 (h)

703-867-6400 (c)

Thank you.