[Nfbv-announce] Join the NFBV on Twitter : Need your input

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 25 13:20:18 UTC 2015

Greetings Fellow Federationists

As the holidays swiftly approach, I am sure we have a list of things, people, and situations we should be thankful for. Personally, I would like to state that my involvement with the federation is definitely on that list. One way I plan to show my thanks is to continue to show awareness and promote the NFB message and spirit. As the engineer of the affiliate’s Twitter page, I plan to rejuvenate our presence on Twitter and use the platform to continue to showcase the great work that all of our chapters do.

I am beginning a program on the Twitter page that I need all of your assistance with. This “Word Association” program is a movement that I will spur within the affiliate by calling upon each federationist to explain to me in one word what the NFB is in your opinion. Simply, I am requesting all of the members to send me a three word e-mail or text message. This should read, “NFB is …” followed by your name and chapter you are a part of. This “movement is a challenge to each and every one of the members of our affiliate to take all of the positive, uplifting things that the NFB embodies and use the word that can best describe. Your word association will be posted on the Twitter page and will be the cornerstone of a hopefully much larger movement that will bring Virginia’s Twitter page to prominence and capture the attention of the world.

If you can take the time to send me a word association, please send this to rob.parso3389 at gmail.com with the subject line “Word Association.” Please do not forget to mention your name and chapter after the quote. I also ask the chapter presidents to present this request to their chapters in their monthly meetings in order to garner more activity. As always, you can find the NFB of Virginia on Twitter as @NFBVirginia. If e-mail is not your forte, please feel free to text message the word association along with your name and chapter to 804 200 3275. I hope for this Twitter movement to become a success and bid you all a great day.

Happy Holidays

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

Vice President, Richmond Chapter

National Federation of the Blind of Virginia (NFBV)

J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College '17

Alpha Delta Mu National Music and Social Work Fraternity ‘07

Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society '15

www.nfbv.org

Phone: 804 200 3275

"Persist Until Success Happens." -Thomas Bailey