[Nfbv-announce] GIVE TO THE 2015 action Auction

Tracy Soforenko tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 01:02:39 UTC 2015

GIVE TO THE 2015 ACTION AUCTION

By Jacki Brown

Hear Ye!  Hear Ye!  The NFB of Virginia will be having an Auction at its
state convention in Northern Virginia -  October 30-31, Nov. 1, 2015.  We
need good NEW, HAND-MADE or ANTIQUE ITEMS to auction.   Please contact Jacki
Brown : 703-534-0747/ jacquelinestonebrown at comcast.net to tell her what you
plan to donate.  She'll be releasing the information about what is being
offered at least a week before the convention via email.  PLEASE DONATE NOW!

Then bring your donated items to the convention.  We will accepting items
Thursday evening, Friday morning and Friday afternoon.  We'll be auctioning
a few items Friday morning at the Board meeting.  Then just like last year
there will be a table set up with the items offered with bid sheets outside
the Willow Room, which is the registration office, on Friday afternoon 1-5.
The second live auction will take place at Hospitality 8:30-9:00 pm.   Other
auction items will be offered in the meeting room during the morning session
on Saturday, at the Banquet Saturday Night and in the meeting room on Sunday
morning.

On Friday the Action Auction volunteers will accept items for auction and
offer most of them for initial bidding first in the SILENT AUCTION between
1:00 - 5:00 pm on Friday afternoon. These bids might hold or only set the
base price for the live bidding on all items later that evening and
throughout the convention.

It is important for you to be at all the meetings and hospitality.and the
banquet.  Otherwise you might miss out on your favorite auction item.  Items
will be displayed first near registration and then in the meeting area
and/or hospitality room.

We will accept cash or checks.  All payments need to be received by noon on
Sunday, November 1, 2015.  Individual restrictions and expiration dates
apply.  Please see the items for details.  We have many great items and
little time so we will be conducting the action FAST!

For your convenience, we have listed the items we currently have to offer.
There will be additions to this list as we expect more items to arrive.  The
items will not be presented for bid in the order of this list - but by whim
of the Auctioneer.

We are near the holiday season: Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanza,
New Year's Eve, Charlie and Stephen Brown's birthdays.some of these items
would make great gifts.

Remember - this is our chance to raise money for ourselves in a fun way -
also a way to buy only previously dreamed of luxuries from our friends.

LIST OF AUCTION ITEMS:

1.    Buy this cute Hanes Turquoise 100% Cotton T-Shirt for 2-4 years of
age(XS/XC/TP).  It is  fit for your prince or princess-and has a Crown and
"KEEP CALM AND BRAILLE ON" printed in white on the front of the T-Shirt.

                                                     Donated by Louise Ruhf

2.    Luxurious Spa Basket Donated by Bev Coney

3.    A Picnic Basket with Wine, Cheese, Jam and Crackers and

         napkins, small plates, glasses, and utensils to go with.

         Enjoy your treats anywhere.

                                           Donated by Jacki and Charlie
Brown

4.    $50 Gift Certificate to the Lebanese Taverna.

                                         Donated by Joe Hobson

5.    $25 Gift Certificate to Naked Pizza, no date imposed.

                                              Donated by Joe Hobson

6.    $25 Gift Certificate to Tezi.

                                               Donated by Joe Hobson

CONTACT ME!  I'LL ADD YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO THE LIST AS SOON AS YOU TELL ME!