[Nfbv-announce] Saturday 10/31 Highlight #3: Take your next Step to build your career

Tracy Soforenko tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 03:42:42 UTC 2015

At the end of this message, there are details on registration and hotel
reservations. Act by Friday, October 16 to secure a room in our guaranteed
room block and to receive pre-registration discounted pricing.

    Fellow Virginia Federationists:

In this convention highlight, we unveil a cool opportunity for you and your
fellow federationists to take your career game to the next level, whatever
that next level might be for you.

Owning Our Future--A Workshop to Transform Your Career

ü  Are you wondering how to use online tools to promote yourself and your
skills?

ü  Are you wondering how you can expand your network to help you land that
next job.

ü  Are you looking for strategies that you can use to make going back to
work a reality?

ü  Are you struggling to find that right answer to a career struggle?

ü  And who doesn’t answer yes to the question—how can I interview more
affectively and get employers to say they want to hire me?

Whether you are just starting out in your career or looking for that
competitive advantage to take your career to its next peak, this
collaborative and engaging dialog will provide you with the confidence,
knowledge, skills, and techniques to achieve your career goals.

The workshop will kick off with a panel of experts to help set the stage for
our discussions, including:

·         Fredric Schroeder, Ph.D., First Vice President, World Blind Union
and Immediate Past President, NFB of Virginia

·         Michael Kasey, President, NFB of Virginia

·         Althea Pittman, President, Eastern Shore Chapter

·         Corb O’Connor, Business Growth & Communications Consultant,
O'Consulting Group

Following our outstanding panel of experts, we’ll break into small groups to
discuss different topics, so that you can Learn from others, share your own
stories, and together, create solutions and action that will position each
of us for career success. Bring your challenges and your successes for this
important dialog.

See below for all the details you need to register for this year’s 2015 NFBV
Convention and make sure you join us for this collaborative workshop
designed to help you as you think about your next career move.

The 2015 NFB of Virginia convention, is Scheduled for October 30,- November
1.

A) convention Registration

Convention registration is now available via phone, web, or paper form. Act
by October 16 to get the best prices and be entered into a $100 raffle.

Phone and web registration is available via Brown Paper Tickets.

The web link is provided below:

http://nfbv2015.brownpapertickets.com

Phone registration is also available through Brown Paper tickets.

Call Brown Paper Tickets at 1-800-838-3006

Registration Prices and Options:

.Register before October 17 to get the below prices .Registration: $15.00
(Makes you eligible for door prizes and the convention hotel rates) .Banquet

Tickets: $32.00 .Saturday Lunch Tickets: $17.00

.Starting on October 17,the prices are: .Registration: $25.00 (Makes you
eligible for door prizes and the convention hotel rates) .Banquet Tickets:

$37.00

.Each session of Kids Camp Program (child care): $5.00 (The cost is per
family not per child).

The Kids Camp is

available: .Session 1: Friday Morning, 8:45 am to 12:15 pm .Session 2:

Friday Afternoon, 12:15 pm to 5:15 pm .Session 3: Friday Evening, 6:00 pm to

10:00 pm .Session 4: Saturday Morning, 8:45 am to 12:15 pm .Session 5:

Saturday afternoon, 12:15 pm to 5:15 pm .Session 6: Saturday evening, 6:45
pm to 1 hour after banquet adjournment

Online registration will end on October 26, 2015.

You may also complete the attached registration form and mail it with
payment included to:

NFB of Virginia

3230 Grove Avenue

Richmond, VA 23221

B) Hotel Reservations

The convention will be held at:

Westin Tysons Corner

7801 Leesburg Pike

Falls Church, Virginia 22043

To make hotel reservations, call central reservations at (888) 627-8970 and
use code NSJ29A or the hotel directly at (703) 893-1340. Special room rates
have been negotiated for registered convention attendee's. When you call the
hotel, make sure to tell them that you are attending the convention so that
you will receive the special convention rate. The deadline to make hotel
reservations is Friday, October 16, 2015. After the deadline, there is no
guarantee that you will get a room at the convention hotel.

Tracy Soforenko

First Vice president, NFB of Virginia

Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com

202 285-4595