[Nfbv-announce] the NFBV communications committee would like to invite you to our 1st Communications Seminar at convention October 30

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 22 20:45:45 UTC 2015

Greetings Fellow Federationists

Part of what makes the National Federation of the Blind a pioneer in promoting independence is our courage to conquer new domains in order to promote our message. Promotion and awareness is the key to alerting Virginia and the world of our accomplishments, programs, and events. One of the most convenient and exciting mediums of awareness and promotion is through social media. Although it’s a new and intimidating terrain, social media is now one of the quickest and most popular modes of communication in society.

The communications committee has been exploring new, exciting ways of promoting the NFBV’s message and accomplishments to the world these past few months since its creation. With members making their voices heard on the radio to using social media to educate the sighted world on our independence and efficiency, the committee is hard at work at inventing fresh ideas to make the NFB’s message heard and understood all over the world. With that being said, the communications committee would like to invite all of you to our 1st Communications Seminar on Friday, October 30, 2015. The seminar will run from 7pm until 10pm and will aim to accomplish the following:

1.       Introduce the committee’s goal and members to the federation.

2.       Explain the different social media mediums we use as a vehicle to promote events and accomplishments (FaceBook, YouTube, Twitter).

3.       Spur participation at the convention itself and further promote the convention on these platforms.

Your participation will allow you the chance to make a mark and promote “Spirit 2015” through social media, whether it’s through shooting a video during seminar, snapping a picture with our artistic posters, or even leaving a tweet about what the Federation means to you or why you decided to join. Please help us promote #Spirit2015 and #NFBVirginia in a relaxed, exciting atmosphere.

If you have any questions about the seminar or would like to join the committee, please feel free to e-mail John Bailey, committee chair, at nfbvcc at hotmail.com or Robert Parsons, Delegate, at rob.parso3389 at gmail.com. We look forward to meeting you all in Falls Church.

Robert Parsons Jr

Richmond Chapter Communications Delegate

www.nfbv.org

Phone: 804-200-3275

“Persist until success happens.”