[Nfbv-announce] National Convention Ambassador Committee request

Michael Kasey michaelgkasey at verizon.net
Wed Apr 13 13:30:51 UTC 2016

Are you attending our convention in Orlando this summer?  Do you believe you would be available to serve as an Ambassador?  You may check with leaders in the Virginia Affiliate to learn what is involved.  It is an important role and very focused and requires full participation.  If you believe you are up to the challenge, contact me directly to be recommended.  The committee appointment letter from our President appears below.  Again, contact me directly if interested.

Thank you,

Michael

Subject: From Mark Riccobono: Ambassador Committee Letter

April 12, 2016

TO THE MEMBERS OF THE 2016 CONVENTION AMBASSADORS COMMITTEE

Dear Colleagues:

The Convention Ambassadors Committee is one of the primary operating elements of the Federation. I am not aware of when this committee was originally appointed, but I first began serving on it more than fifteen years ago, and my participation helped strengthen my commitment and understanding of the organization. The committee has provided security for the stage during disruptive periods, offered assistance in getting people from one place to another during the convention, served as a welcoming group for those who did not know where to go or what to do, and made convention wonderful for perhaps as many as 100,000 Federationists.

I am asking those who receive this letter to serve on the 2016 Convention Ambassadors Committee. It is the task of this committee to circulate throughout the membership during the national convention and during other events of the Federation in 2016 and do the following things: find problems and solve them before they become problems; see that problems which need to be brought to my attention are brought to my attention; see that problems which should not be brought to my attention are solved before they come to my attention; synthesize and give to me information which I need to have; refrain from giving me information which I should not have; find new people and make them feel part of the movement; encourage the discouraged; see that I meet people that I should meet; and see that the convention and the Federation in general run smoothly and without unhappiness or problems or snags.

I hope and believe we will have the best convention we have ever had.

Sincerely,

Mark A. Riccobono, President

National Federation of the Blind