[Nfbv-announce] Kenneth Jernigan Fund Raffle tickets available

Michael Kasey michaelgkasey at verizon.net
Fri Apr 15 18:17:34 UTC 2016

Dear Colleague:

As you are aware, we established the Kenneth Jernigan Convention Scholarship
Fund at our 1998 convention in Dallas, Texas. The support from members and
friends has been both generous and enthusiastic. The committee is again
sponsoring a limited edition raffle to raise money for the Kenneth Jernigan
Fund. The ticket cost is ten dollars. This drawing will yield at least
$10,000 net for the Kenneth Jernigan Fund.

You might ask, "What's in it for me?" Here is what's in it for you. If you
are the winner of this drawing, you will receive round-trip air
transportation for two to and from Orlando, Florida, for the National
Federation of the Blind National Convention in July 2017. You will also
receive lodging at that year's convention hotel for seven days during the
convention. You will receive registration and banquet tickets for two. In
addition, you will receive a cash prize of $1,000. On the other hand, if you
don't win but you sell the winning ticket, your chapter will receive $500.
You do not have to be present to win.

            Jernigan Fund Committee

I have our tickets and will bring them to our Board meeting in Baltimore,
Maryland.

Thank you,

Michael

blindness is not what holds you back.