[Nfbv-announce] Great Washington Seminar despite the 2016 Snow

Michael Kasey michaelgkasey at verizon.net
Fri Jan 29 16:43:44 UTC 2016

Members of the NFB of  Virginia,

The snow caused challenges but didn't stop  the NFB of Virginia. While we
had anticipated our largest contingent from Virginia to attend Congressional
visits on Tuesday and Wednesday, many were challenged by cancellation of
Amtrak, bus,  and Virginia Railway Express service.  We are grateful that so
many people tried to make it this year and we hope you will join us in 2017.
Fortunately, we were able to arrange for sufficient participation to field 2
strong teams for our Capitol Hill visits. Our teams were  able to meet with
congressional staffers from all but 1 of the offices.

Accolades are due to Stephanie Deluca who booked an rebooked our
appointments, ensured our teams were representative and served as an
extremely capable leader. Kudos Stephanie!

In addition to Stephanie, the following individuals were able to make the
appointments:

Charlie Brown

Billie Ruth Schlank

Sean McMahon