[Nfbv-announce] Unlock Your Leadership Potential When Virginia Visits the NFB National Center May 6-8

Tracy Soforenko tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 04:26:34 UTC 2016

Hi Virginia Federationists,

We are so pleased that President Riccobono has invited the NFB of Virginia
to the National Center for the Blind in Baltimore for the Virginia
Leadership Development Seminar. President Riccobono and other national
leaders want to work with us personally on growing leaders and growing the
Federation.

We are extending the invitation to all members, whether you are a leader in
a chapter or just want to grow your leadership potential and learn much more
about the NFB. We are planning an engaging and interactive program   where
you will learn skills you can apply in your life and with your local
chapter. In this program, we will conduct engaging discussions on how the
organization works, NFB Philosophy and history,   building our chapters and
local leaders, raising funds, and developing great programming that advances
our movement. Through the Virginia Leadership Seminar, you will learn skills
you can apply at home, build a connection with President Riccobono and other
leaders, and understand your role in our great Federation.

The NFB National Center is not just an office building, it is also a
conference center with shared accommodations and a really nice dining room.
The cost for accommodations and dining is covered by the national office
with support from the affiliate. As a result, you are expected to
participate actively in the programming we are planning.

Members are responsible for their transportation costs. We believe this
program will be especially valuable for our members and do not want
financial challenges to prevent people from attending. Please reach out to
your chapter president if you need financial assistance. If the chapter is
unable to assist, please contact President Kasey.

Working with President Riccobono, we are developing an outstanding program
but we need you to be there to maximize the benefit for you your chapter and
the affiliate. Make the investment in growing yourself and the Federation
and sign up today.

Every participant should walk away from the Virginia Leadership Seminar with
ideas they can use in their local chapter, in their own life and in our
affiliate to grow the Federation. Do not miss this opportunity, sign up
today.

We are asking that everyone arrive before 6:30 PM on Friday, May 6.
Programming will run through Sunday, May 8 at 12:00 Noon.

How to Register:

In order to arrange for room assignments and food at the seminar,
reservations to participate are due no later than Friday, April 22, 2016.
Brian McCann has agreed to handle registration for the Virginia Leadership
Seminar. You can sign up   simply by emailing Brian with the following
information:

Name

Chapter

Email address

Phone number

Male/Female so we can figure out shared rooming details

Brian's email address is brnmccnn at gmail.com

You can also reach Brian by phone at 757 472-2494.

Amtrak, Greyhound, and Mega Bus serve Baltimore from various locations
throughout Virginia. Additionally, Chapters may choose to work on joint
transportation to ensure affordable transportation to Baltimore.

The National Center for the Blind is located at:

200 East Wells Street
      at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, MD 21230
Phone: 410-659-9314

If you have questions about the program, please feel free to contact me.

Tracy Soforenko

First Vice president, NFB of Virginia

Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com

202 285-4595