[Nfbv-announce] Tonight's the night: Ever wanted to see a Fairfax NFBV Chapter meeting but just couldn’t make it? We have a solution!

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 17 12:01:37 UTC 2016

Ever wanted to see a Fairfax NFBV Chapter meeting but just couldn’t make it? We have a solution!

The NFBV is all about innovation and accessibility. So, in order to have as many people join us for our March 17 program, just call in!

Our program will be about the best of accessibility when it comes to technology and it will be presented by our own technology expert Chris O'Meely.

Our one-hour program will start at 7:00 PM and run for an hour. Chris will be answering your questions while filling you in on the latest in accessible technology.

Below is a description of the program along with how you can join us virtually via conference call from anywhere.

It is a pain not knowing how “accessible” computer equipment and software is. Too many times, we have tried some product that sounds perfect. Then, we find out it is perfect. But, only if you have perfect vision.

Also, have you seen the prices on those gadgets that are supposed to make our lives easier? You have to have 2 jobs just to afford them.

Fortunately, there are people who can help us find the right accessible tool at the right price. It is just a matter of getting in touch with them so that they can share their valuable knowledge.

This Thursday, March 17, at the monthly meeting of the Fairfax Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Virginia, you will have your chance to meet one of those people. Chris O’Meely is a technology expert and he will be presenting a program that will help us to find and use more effectively those elusive got-to-have devices. Chris will give a short presentation followed by answers to your questions about hardware, software, mobile devices, and whatever.

You can join Chris and the rest of the Fairfax Chapter via conference call. The number and code is:
(6 4 1 )  7 1 5 -3 2 8 6
2 2 3 9 7

Because the number of people able to join us over the phone is limited, we ask that you call in 10 minutes early to reserve your spot. And, please remember, since there will be many people on the call, muting your phone during the program will be apretiated. To mute your phone, press ‘*’ (star) ‘6’. Do the same to unmute.

Want more information about the program, contact John Bailey at 703.994.2040 or via email at john_bailey17 at hotmail.com.

Join us March 17 at 7:00PM.