[Nfbv-announce] NFB Car Donation reminder!

Michael Kasey michaelgkasey at verizon.net
Tue May 10 23:38:24 UTC 2016

>From Robert Parsons:

Greetings Federation Family

On the heels of an inspiring, beautiful weekend at our National Headquarters
in Baltimore, Maryland, I would like to formally provide information for and
instructions about the NFB Car Donation program.

The NFB Car Donation program allows for consumers and other individuals to
donate their vehicles (cars, boats, trucks) to the NFB. This donation is an
act of solidarity that allows for the NFB to receive a tax break for the
fiscal year. This tax break is a form of monetary assistance for the
National Organization and can provide recognition to the organization that
our affiliate works efficiently to help the NFB grow and prosper. If you
have a car that is no longer running or one you no longer desire, the NFB
Car Donation program will be glad to take it off of your hands. Also, if
there is a friend or family member of yours that has an unwanted vehicle,
please inform them of the program and provide them with my contact
information.

As this is a national program, each affiliate has a liaison that will run
interference and mediate the process between the individual and the national
program chair. I, Robert Parsons, am the liaison for the car donation
program for the Virginia Affiliate. Please feel free to contact me at 804
200 3275 or via email at rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
<mailto:rob.parso3389 at gmail.com>  if you have any questions or if you want
to make a vehicle donation. Remember to speak with me before donating the
vehicle anywhere because there are organizations that claim to donate
vehicles in their name to help the blind and it is not in the least bit
benefiting our people. Thank you for the time you took to read this message
and I look forward to hearing from some of you on this matter.

Live the Life You Want

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

Vice President, Richmond Chapter

National Federation of the Blind of Virginia (NFBV)

J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College '17

Alpha Delta Mu National Music and Social Work Fraternity

Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society '15

www.nfbv.org <http://www.nfbv.org>

Phone: 804 200 3275

"Persist Until Success Happens." -Thomas Baile

blindness is not what holds you back.