[Nfbv-announce] 2016 Raffle Ticket fundraiser

Michael Kasey michaelgkasey at verizon.net
Thu Sep 15 02:04:25 UTC 2016

Dear NFBV family,

We are wrapping up the 2016 Raffle Ticket fundraiser; let's all do our best
to make this year's $2,500 Raffle Ticket fundraiser the best yet.  Please
contact me if you need more books of tickets to sell.  I will mail you as
many tickets as you need.  My phone number and e-mail address are below.

Christopher Walker

chrisvinson1 at gmail.com <mailto:chrisvinson1 at gmail.com>

540.303.0080

A book of raffle tickets consists of 10 individual tickets stapled together.
Since the individuals purchasing the tickets do not have to be present to
win, please have the name and phone number of the person buying each ticket
written on the ticket stub.

Each ticket is $10, or you can sell 3 tickets for $20.

In the past we have worked with other civic organizations (ex. Lions Clubs).
The civic organizations will sell each ticket for $10.  For each ticket sold
the civic organization will keep $5 and you will collect the other $5 for
the NFBV Raffle.  For example, if a civic organization sells 10 tickets they
will have collected $100; they keep $50 for themselves and the NFBV collects
the other $50.

The drawing will be held November 12th, 2016 at the State Convention.

Each chapter or chapter member who sold tickets should bring the ticket
stubs and money to the State Convention in Virginia Beach this November to
be turned into the Treasure, Mark Roane.  Instead of turning in cash, a
check may be written for the amount of the sold tickets.  Please make the
check payable to "NFBV" and in the memo line write "2016 Raffle".

The ticket stubs may also be mailed to the Treasure.  When mailing the stubs
to the Treasure, do not send cash, write a check for the value of the sold
tickets and make the check payable to  "NFBV" and in the memo line write
"2016 Raffle".  Please contact the Treasure for mailing directions.  Mark's
phone number and e-mail address are below.

Mark Roane

(804) 262-7057

markwroane at gmail.com <mailto:markwroane at gmail.com>

Thank you for making this a successful fundraiser.

Christopher Walker

National Federation of the Blind

Outreach Chair and Delegate, Winchester Chapter

NFBV Leadership Fellow

www.nfbv.org <http://www.nfbv.org/>

 <mailto:chrisvinson1 at gmail.com> chrisvinson1 at gmail.com

540.303.0080