[Nfbv-announce] You Dream In Color? Screening at Randolph Macon

Tracy Soforenko tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 18:15:23 UTC 2017

From: Robert Parsons [mailto:rob.parso3389 at gmail.com]

Greetings Affiliate Members

I hope that this message reaches all of you in good health and spirit. I
hope that you are all preparing for the holiday season with plenty of love,
hope, and determination. I am writing to invite you all to an event tomorrow
that I am so proud to be a part of.

In the month of September, I began my final academic year at Randolph Macon
College in Ashland, VA. I worked with the college in hopes of spreading
Federation philosophy in my actions and interactions with faculty, students,
and staff. During this time, I requested that the college screen "Do You
Dream in Color?" in an attempt to not only educate the students and
community members on the brand of the Federation, but to expand the minds of
the students so they can understand all that goes into the methodology of a
successful blind student. After much negotiation, I was granted my wish.

On Monday, December 4, Randolph Macon College, in coordination with its
Sociology, Anthropology, and Black Studies Departments will screen "Do You
Dream in Color?" in the Dollar Tree Room at 6pm. This is an event open to
students, community members, and staff. I encourage as many white canes and
guide dogs to make an appearance at this event along with their respective
Federation members. The event will have light refreshments and there will be
a panel discussion proceeding the screening. Serving on the panel will be
yours truly, Luke Schwinck, and Kathryn Webster. Please take time, if you
can, to show support for this event either in person or spirit. If you have
any questions about the event, feel free to contact me at
rob.parso3389 at gmail.com <mailto:rob.parso3389 at gmail.com>  or 804.801.7674.
The address to the college is 305 Henry St., Ashland, VA 23005. I hope to
hear from some members that are interested.

All the Best

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Richmond Chapter

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

President, French Club

Secretary, Caribbean American Student Alliance

Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society '15

Randolph Macon College '18

Phone: 804 801 7674

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass