[Nfbv-announce] Deadline extended but space is limited: Successful Student Summer Blowout June 2-4 at NFB National Center in Baltimore

Tracy Soforenko tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Sun May 21 01:46:53 UTC 2017

From: Robert Parsons [mailto:rob.parso3389 at gmail.com]

Greetings Federationists and Students

I hope this email finds you in good spirits. With school semesters nearing completion or already over, it is very exciting for the Virginia Association of Blind Students to take a weekend for recreation, philosophy and networking. We, alongside the student divisions of Pennsylvania, Maryland, and New Jersey have created this possibility with an exciting weekend full of learning, friendship, and fun. Our collaborative weekend-long event, the Successful Student Summer Blowout, includes exciting discussions (with student and national leaders), recreational learning exercises (grilling and homemade ice cream), and even chances to let your hair down and get to connect with students from different areas (dance parties and descriptive movies). All of these opportunities are free of charge because of the Jernigan Institute’s generosity to provide lodging and meals.

What’s even more exciting is that the popularity of our event had been heard by other student divisions and has sparked other states to get involved. We will also have students joining us for our event from the student divisions of Massachusetts, New York, and Washington D.C. All of this excitement only prompts me to inform you or a student you know that registration for this events nearing a close and it would be smart to make plans to attend the Jernigan Institute. Below is the information for the event:

Dates: June 2-4, 2017

Location: National Federation of the Blind, Jernigan Institute

200 E. Wells St. at Jernigan Pl.

Baltimore, Maryland 21230

There is still space available for students in high school and college to register for this event. Simply send an email or call student division treasurer, Andrea Perry, at 571 316 4424/ AFPerry01 at aol.com <mailto:AFPerry01 at aol.com>  with the following information:

1.       Your Full Name

2.       Your Age

3.       The School You Attend

4.       Any Food Allergies

5.       Proof of Transportation (confirmation of train/bus ticket purchase or certification that you have a ride)

The National Federation of the Blind of Virginia is willing to reimburse any Virginia Student attending this event with $20 to assist with any taxi rides or to cushion the price of travel. Please register as soon as possible, as space is on a first come, first serve basis. I look forward to connecting with you all in Baltimore.

Best Regards

Robert Parsons

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

National Federation of the Blind of Virginia  Randolph Macon College ‘18

Ph: 804 200 3275

“Without struggle, there is no progress.” –Frederick Douglass.