[Nfbv-announce] Register to Volunteer at the Virginia Table at the 2017 National Convention

Tracy Soforenko tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Tue May 30 04:22:40 UTC 2017

From: Robert Parsons [mailto:rob.parso3389 at gmail.com]

Greetings Virginians

Are you feeling pretty pumped? If you are attending the 2017 NFB National Convention, I am sure that your answer to that question was a firm “Yes!” As we approach the final weeks before we unite with our federation family from around the country and surrounding areas, I want to plug in a reminder that the Virginia table will be operating in the exhibit hall. I encourage everyone that is attending the convention to sign up to work a shift at this year’s Virginia table, home of our Federation-famous Virginia peanuts.

Registering for a shift at the Virginia table is easy. Just email

rob.parso3389 at gmail.com <mailto:rob.parso3389 at gmail.com>

listing the following information:

1.       Your Name

2.       The dates you are available to work a shift

3.       The time of day you are available to work a shift.

4.       Your contact phone number

The Virginia table will be functioning on July 11 (9am-5pm), July 12 (8:30am-5pm), July 13 (12pm-1:45pm) (7pm-9pm), and July 14 (12pm-1:45pm). Set up for our table will be on July 10 (12pm-4:30pm) and the tear down will take place on July 14 (6pm-8pm). The shifts are 2 hours a piece and you are welcomed to assist in working or doing set-up/tear down on the first and last days. In the event that you are unable to reply to this thread, simply send me an email at rob.parso3389 at gmail.com <mailto:rob.parso3389 at gmail.com> . You can also give me a call at 804 200 3275. I hope that we are able to have a seamless, enjoyable exhibit hall experience.

Best Regards

Robert Parsons Jr.

President, Richmond Chapter

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

Randolph Macon College ‘18

“Without struggle, there is no progress.” –Frederick Douglass