[Nfbv-announce] Charlie!

Sarah Patnaude patnaude.sarah at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 9 14:10:33 UTC 2018

>From Sandy Halverson1st Vice President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia
I’m pleased to have wonderful news for a Monday morning.  Charlie is being moved today from Virginia Hospital Center to Bridge Point Hospital at 727 7th Street, NE in DC.  He has not needed a ventilator since last Tuesday and is no longer requiring oxygen and has two more days of IV antibiotics.  Bridge Point is a facility specializing in providing rehab services to patients who may need respiratory care in addition to long-term and intensive physical and occupational therapy.  He is able to talk very briefly but does not have much strength to his voice, so he is not able to accept calls from  friends yet.  The tentative plan is that he will be at this facility for two or three weeks and then continue his recovery in Winchester.  Jacki has asked that we wait until after his first week before planning visits since it will be some time before Charlie has much stamina. We’ll post more information as soon as it is available.

Sarah Patnaude

patnaude.sarah at yahoo.com

(804) 591-6153

www.nfb.org

www.nfbv.org

Live the Life You Want.

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.